Our goal for THE JOURNEY Kids is to partner with parents to make disciples who are gathering, growing, giving and going. We strive for an excellent environment that has the safety and spiritual development of each specific age group in mind. All of our volunteers are background checked and trained.
• Birth – Age 3 (Main Floor)
Babies and toddlers are introduced to God through Bible stories, songs, crafts and fun activities. They will experience God’s love through the care and support of our volunteers.
• Preschool – 3rd Grade (2nd Floor)
The preschool-3rd grade learn what it means to know and love Jesus through large-group worship and Bible lesson. They divide up into small groups for discussion and to participate in story-related games and activities
• Pre-Teens (Basement)
This is a unique age group as they transition from being a kid to being a teenager. This is where kids begin to own and defend their faith. Our group leaders pour into our preteens through worship, Bible story, discussion, games, and more.
Your First Visit
Here’s what to expect when visiting THE JOURNEY Community Church for the first time:
- First, find the Kids Check-In Desk (located on the main floor to the right of the Cafe area). There you will meet our leaders who can get your child checked into our system, and then another volunteer will guide you to your child’s age-appropriate room.
- Upon checking in for the first time, we will ask for the following personal information (NOTE: We value your privacy and will not share this information with anyone):
- Parent/guardian name(s)
- Child’s name
- Child’s birthdate
- Child’s grade if applicable
- Home address
- Phone number
- Any special instructions (allergies, special needs) for your children
- All of this is done to ensure the safety and protection of your child. We take that very seriously at THE JOURNEY Community Church.
Before Worship Gathering
You can check your child in at the self check-in station or at the Kids Check In Station to the right of the Cafe. After finding your child’s name in our system, your child will be given a name tags and you will be given a security tag. The two tags have a matching code that is exclusive to your family.
During Worship Gathering
In the event that we need to contact you during the worship gathering, your matching code will appear on the screen. We ask that you exit the auditorium and look for a staff member or volunteer who will direct you to your child’s room.
After Worship Gathering
After the worship gathering, you will return to your child’s room and show your tag in order for your child to be released back to you.
We respect your privacy. Before we post a photo or video of your child on our website or Facebook page, we would like to get your permission. Our photo/video release is here. If you would like to consent to this use, please print out this release and return a signed copy to the Children’s Director.
Resources for Kids
Our kids’ ministry is using The Gospel Project to teach your children. A free app is available on the App Store and Google Play. You can use this app at home to enhance what they are learning on Sunday.
And, although we are not teaching from this app, here’s another special Bible App just for kids, provided by YouVersion Bible. It’s a free app for Android, Apple, and Kindle devices.