Our goal for THE JOURNEY Kids is to partner with parents to make disciples who are gathering, growing, giving and going. We strive for an excellent environment that has the safety and spiritual development of each specific age group in mind. All of our volunteers are background checked and trained.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our Children’s Director, Colleen Cox.
What to Expect
Our kids programs are designed to make the Bible fun and practical for each child. We are passionate about pouring into children and walking alongside families on their spiritual journey. Our time on Sunday mornings includes worship, Bible lessons, small group discussion, activities, and games. We offer the following kids rooms:
• Infants – Age 3 (Main Floor)
Nursery is located on the main floor for infants through 3 years old. Babies and toddlers are introduced to God through Bible stories, songs, crafts and fun activities. They will experience God’s love through the care and support of our volunteers.
• Preschool – 3rd Grade (2nd Floor)
The preschool-3rd grade learn what it means to know and love Jesus through large-group worship and Bible lesson. They divide up into small groups for discussion and to participate in story-related games and activities
• Pre-Teens – 4th and 5th grade (Basement)
This is a unique age group as they transition from being a kid to being a teenager. This is where kids begin to own and defend their faith. Our group leaders pour into our preteens through worship, Bible story, discussion, games, and more. This group goes into worship with their families on the first Sunday of the month. Class is offered only during the 10:30 worship gathering.
Your First Visit
Here’s what to expect when visiting THE JOURNEY Community Church for the first time:
- First, find the Kids Check-In Desk (located on the main floor to the right of the Cafe area). There you will meet our leaders who can get your child checked into our system, and then another volunteer will guide you to your child’s age-appropriate room.
- Upon checking in for the first time, we will ask for the following personal information (NOTE: We value your privacy and will not share this information with anyone):
- Parent/guardian name(s)
- Child’s name
- Child’s birthdate
- Child’s grade if applicable
- Home address
- Phone number
- Any special instructions (allergies, special needs) for your children
- All of this is done to ensure the safety and protection of your child. We take that very seriously at THE JOURNEY Community Church.
You can check your child in at the self check-in station or at the Kids Check In Station to the right of the Cafe. After finding your child’s name in our system, your child will be given a name tags and you will be given a security tag. The two tags have a matching code that is exclusive to your family.
After the worship gathering, you will return to your child’s room and show your tag in order for your child to be released back to you.
Resources for Kids
And, although we are not teaching from this app, here’s another special Bible App just for kids, provided by YouVersion Bible. It’s a free app for Android, Apple, and Kindle devices.