- Work is blessed…but broken
• God wants to work THROUGH your work, not in spite of it
Gen 2:15, Gen 1:26, Gen 3:17-19
• Work went from blessed to broken because sin did not destroy all of God’s creation, it just distorted it.
• The goal is not to eliminate work — it is to redeem it for God’s Glory.
- Work is your witness.
• Since work was broken by the fall, we as fallen people often respond in broken ways
Two Practical Warning Signs
- Warning sign #1: Idleness
- Warning sign #2: Idolatry
Work is our idol when
- It’s our source of joy
- It drives our self-esteem
- It leads to pride and self-confidence