Intimacy with God is the goal, obedience is the overflow.
- Psalms is vertical wisdom (relating wisely to God)
- Proverbs is horizontal wisdom (wisdom dealing with people)
- Grow in your confidence in the character of God.
Proverbs 3:5; trust God with all that you have because you know His proven track record.
- Grow in your DISTRUST of your own wisdom.
Proverbs 3:5, 1 Corinthians 3:19
- Seek God’s will for your life.
Psalm 37:4, Proverbs 3:4-8
Self-wisdom is self-delusion.
True wisdom is the fear of God and the fear of sin.
Fear of God is reverent respect.