Can a Christian lose their salvation?
- Yes. “If your decision to believe gets you in, your decision to deny the faith puts you out.”
- No. “Once saved, always saved.”
- Truly saved people will produce lives of obedience and perseverance.
How to grow in perseverance…
- Guard your heart against unbelief. vs 12-13
Three facts about unbelief
- Unbelief is a daily battle.
Hebrews 3:13, James 1:20, 1 Samuel 27:1
- Unbelief is incredibly deceptive.
- Unbelief is exposed by disobedience.
Hebrews 3:12, 17-18
How do we battle unbelief?
- Don’t cheapen grace – vs 12, Hebrews 12:15-19
How do we get more empowering grace?
- Pursuing intimacy with Jesus – John 1:16-17
- Bible reading – Acts 20:32
- Scripture memory/meditation – Colossians 3:16
- Prayer – Hebrews 4:16