2 Samuel 11:1-17
David – How to Ruin Your Life
- Allow complacency to creep in.
- Begin to justify self-indulgence.
- Ignore sin’s progression.
a) A sinful thought becomes an attractive thought.
b) An attractive thought becomes an obsessive thought.
c) An obsessive thought grows into an imagined outcome.
d) An imagined outcome promises a manageable outcome.
e) A manageable outcome becomes an action.
f) An action becomes unmanageable.
g) An unmanageable life becomes a ruined life.
h) A ruined life stays ruined through shame.
- Understand where the battle really is — in your thought life.
- Lean into relationships instead of running from them.
- Build some adventurous faith into your Christian life.
- Repent; don’t manage.
- Surrender your life to Jesus today! All of it!